10 things about Wolflife
- WOLFLIFE’s main goal is to maintain a viable wolf population in the Carpathian Mountains.
- The project is carried out by APM Vrancea, in partnership with ACDB, APM Covasna and APM Harghita between 01.07.2014 – 30.04.2018.
- The project area consists of the central and southern part of the Eastern Carpathians, which includes 18 Natura 2000 sites, spread over the area of 6 counties: Vrancea, Harghita, Covasna, Neamț, Bacău and Mureș.
- The project will assess the conservation status of the species and the actual size of the wolf population in the 6 counties.
- WOLFLIFE aims to address the presence of packs of stray dogs in wolf-populated forest habitats.
- Concrete conservation measures will be implemented to maintain the favorable status of the species.
- WOLFLIFE aims to reduce and prevent conflicts between wolves and humans. For example, the project will install animal farm protection systems (eg electric fences around the sheepfolds) and create a kennel for raising specialized sheepdogs.
- The data obtained during the project will be a starting point for the implementation of the national action plan for the conservation of the wolf.
- The aim of the project is to change the negative image of the species and raise public awareness of the important role that wolves play in nature.
- WOLFLIFE will implement actions to reduce poaching.
Volunteer for wolves!